Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our First Camping Trip!

Bentlee is helping her dad get wood and make the fire. She absolutely loves being outside and especailly going camping. She did say she wanted some friends though. I guess mom, dad and Marshall weren't exciting enough for her!Okay, so last weekend we made history. We actually went camping with just our little family, no one else. We have gone camping a lot with both families, or the ward or whatever, but never just the four of us. It was so fun! Luke told me a long time ago (like when we were first married) that his dream was to get home from work and I would have the kids and everything all ready and we would go out and go camping. On October 17th 2008 his dream came true. He got home from work about four o'clock and we headed to Lynx Lake. We only went about 10 miles and we were in the pines away from everything and everyone. We got there and Luke and Bentlee made a spectacular fire and then we cooked our delicious tin foil dinners on it. Then we roasted marshmallows and had smores. We all slept in our little two man tent under the stars and full moon. We had a really good time, I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Sounds like fun, but I am afraid I am not a camper without my house on wheels. I would enjoy the one on one family time though.